Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Beautiful Adventure

Our journey is quickly approaching.  Because I was a late addition to the group, I haven't had much more than about a month to prepare.  Since my commitment, I have spent time reflecting and educating myself on Haitian culture.  Still, I do not know what to expect as we land in Port-au-Prince tomorrow afternoon.

As a student at Creighton University, I had many friends that partook in service trips and other like experiences.  The fact that I never took advantage of those opportunities was something I have deeply regretted since graduation.  I am very excited to be a part of the St. Lawrence group and eager to experience the Haitian world.

There are many things I fear about our trip, but I am certain it will be an experience I will treasure for a lifetime.  It is sure to be a journey of self-reflection and discovery with a greater understanding of our world.  I have found overwhelming support from my family, friends and professors as I have been preparing for our departure.  Although many of the details are uncertain, I am thrilled to embark on our belle aventure!


Maureen White

1 comment:

  1. Maureen and all, so excited for yiu to have this experience. It will be wonderful and overwhelming and heartbreaking. Safe travels and know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    carol Z

    ReplyDelete